Volunteer in Mission to Brazil

30 October 2006

You are here...

City: Nova Almeida
State: Espírito Santo

look for the red star














This seaside area is beautiful. One of the first things I noticed when we were in the general area at the end of our voyage was the coffee fields terraced on the hillsides, like the one shown below.

















I enjoyed the time I spent with the teenagers. They were much better behaved than a similar sized group of American teens, although there were still greatly concerned with the opposite sex and looking cool. They left Sunday afternoon to head back to Belo Horizonte, and I spent today with the Shade and Fresh Water project that is based here at the Methodist camp.

Today they had a special day of beauty because October is Children's month. There were volunteer barbers cutting hair (with previous authorization from the parents) as well as teens and teachers doing fancy hairstyles and manicures. Tomorrow, I should get to see some of the other projects close by; it might take two days to see them all. Then I'll be off to visit two more projects that are longer bus rides away.

I will keep this very short and post many more details and lots of photos when I get home because I'm using dial-up internet access right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home